Assistant Portfolio Manager
JOB TITLE: Assistant Portfolio Manager
REPORTS TO: Deputy CIO
DEPARTMENT: Portfolio Manager
Who are We?
We’re Chandler Asset Management, an employee-owned and independent financial services company; our concentration centers on managing taxable fixed income portfolios that are aligned with our institutional clients’ needs. We manage over $22 billion in assets and believe in the philosophy of creating value and managing risk with active management, using robust quantitative analysis and qualitative insights.
What do we value?
Great People with Great Values. Integrity, service, excellence, education and teamwork are the values that define the culture at Chandler Asset Management.
In addition to our core values, our culture is defined by 27 fundamental behaviors that describe our culture, set us apart and drive our success. From the beginning, we’ve always wanted to deliver total piece of mind through extraordinary performance. We believe our extraordinary performance and culture are driven by our dedicated and committed people.
What’s the job all about?
An Assistant Portfolio Manager at Chandler Asset Management is actively involved in supporting all aspects of the investment management team including assisting in managing investment portfolios, performing portfolio and fixed income research, and transacting securities. Assistant Portfolio Managers support the Investment team in their interactions with clients as well as supporting the relationship management team with client specific research for existing and prospective clients.
If you are a proven financial professional that’s got what it takes to be a part of our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The essential functions of the role include:
• As part of the Investment Management team, work with senior members in the day-to-day management of client portfolios. Maintain a high level of dialogue with internal staff to support investment decisions and understanding of changing market dynamics.
• Develop expertise to serve as a mentor and role model in acting as an active intermediary between operations and portfolio management related to systems and trade process issues.
• Active participant in select Portfolio Management committees to develop and evaluate multiple investment strategies. Committees may include Economic and Market Analysis, Credit, Sector, and Quantitative/Structuring.
• Support Portfolio Management processes such as ongoing maintenance of data bases and various model input factors.
• Conduct ad hoc research projects as directed by senior members of the team.
• Develop an understanding of current and anticipated market trends and how they may affect Chandler’s client portfolios. Remain informed about current market conditions.
• Support Investment Team as directed including research for processes, projects, portfolio management initiatives, and Trading.
• Actively support Portfolio Management interaction with Marketing’s new business RFP analysis.
What can you bring to our team?
Would you define yourself as a self-motivated, proactive and detail-oriented operations professional that is disciplined and trustworthy? We are seeking someone who is prompt and precise with a high-level of integrity that aligns with our values and commitment to our client-centered approach! The ideal candidate is someone who has some experience in the various operations functions of an investment adviser who is a team player and has high standards of quality, client service and accuracy.
This Team Member will have:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated progress towards CFA designation required
• Strong interest in financial markets
• Knowledge of the asset management business and processes
• Experience in capital market credit analysis
• Expert Excel, data base, and Bloomberg skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong writing skills
• Strong team player
• Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in the asset management field or equivalent
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Ability to work as a team member as well as autonomously
• Sense of initiative, dynamism
• Promptness and preciseness, careful attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and general communication skills
What we can offer you!
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Life & AD&D
• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
• Accident & Critical Illness
• Employee Assistance
• Travel Assistance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Holidays
• Fun Company Events
Ready to join our team?!
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. Chandler Asset Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.