Audit Manager Fixed Income / Commodities
- To drive assurance for regular engagements and some complex ones.
- To support the engagement assurance planning, ensuring coverage of all key risks, dovetailing with other 2nd / 1st line IA assurance, complying with regulatory requirements for Internal Audit, and deploying resources to best use
- To lead and undertake key aspects of the assurance fieldwork, taking responsibility for the work undertaken by the team being delivered on time, fit for purpose and providing reliable evidence to support issues and opinions.
- To lead the engagement team, making best use of their capability
- To supervise engagement team members and support them through coaching, enabling them to realise their potential on the engagement
- To provide timely and well positioned feedback on team and individual performance
- To contribute to the development of team members
- To leverage IA's industry leading audit methodology and tools.
- To ensure compliance with Global Methodology within engagements and accurately keep the audit management tool (TM+) up to date
- Manage multiple audits / activities at the same time
- To effectively contribute to IA departmental initiatives as directed (such as virtual teams, departmental projects)
- To build on an excellent IA position and influence the evolution of the control framework
- To efficiently and effectively manage key stakeholders within the engagement to ensure sufficient understanding of business risks and open and effective discussion on key issues
- To produce effective engagement reports which articulate risks and issues effectively
- To monitor outstanding issues and ensure they are appropriately resolved / escalated in a reasonable timeframe
- To be an ambassador for IA, demonstrating professional behaviours and helping to build on the reputation and integrity of the function.
- To think commercially and ensure that the engagement team works efficiently
- To efficiently deliver audit engagements using tools and resources appropriately
- To efficiently and effectively share knowledge across IA, working together as one team
- To deliver to time and budget
- Proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes.
- Experienced manager with strong risk and internal audit experience. Approx. 5 to 8 years of audit experience in Banking / Financial sector in areas such as Trading, Sales, Operations, AML/ CFT, Product Control etc
- Strong understanding of principles of risk and controls, as well as control assurance
- Strong understanding of Asia regulations applicable to Banks/ Securities Companies.
- Proven competence to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Financial Markets related qualifications such as Bachelors in Finance/ Business, Chartered Accountant, CFA, FRM, CIA, CISA etc. will be considered advantageous
- An ability to actively identify and help develop talent.