Product Specialist - Structured Product Advisory (Associate Director/Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Structured Product Advisor
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team member, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is excited to make meaningful contributions to the Structured Solutions team.
- Key objective of the team is to focus on structured solutions & derivatives across different asset classes to best express Bank's view, in this ever-changing market environment.
- As a Structured Product Advisor, the key responsibility is to actively generate actionable investment ideas to take advantage of prevailing market environment. Such solutions/ideas could be Equity-underlying focused, or hybrid with other asset classes including credit, commodities and interest rates.
- The role involves active marketing of such ideas/solutions to Front Office sales including Relationship Managers and Investment Consultants (IC).
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with creative mindset and good marketing skills to promote such ideas/solutions, with the ultimate objective to grow thematic and non-flow structured product business.
Structured Product Advisor
- Core responsibility is to generate actionable structured product investment ideas to express view of Bank's research. Such ideas can be in the form of thematic topdown solutions, or bottom-up non-flow solutions. The focus is on innovation and creative solutions that best represent a certain theme in any prevailing market environment, with the ultimate aim to grow structured product business.
- The role involves preparing marketing materials for periodic Bank-wide focused launches.
- In searching and development of innovative solutions, the Advisor is expected to work closely with other teams within IAS across different asset class, as well as with external structured product counterparties.
- Part of the responsibility of the team is to manage the process and control of all structured product & derivatives trades, to ensure marketing guidelines and product suitability.
- Advisor will have to actively utilize data analytics to further increase the penetration of targeted advisory on such thematic solutions distribution.
- Advisor is expected to effectively communicate relevant market information and investment ideas to internal stakeholders, through regular presentations in various channels to the Front Office.
- Advisor has to manage after-sales process, including performance monitoring & update on such thematic ideas.
- Advisor has to ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in IAS (sales trading) department's business initiatives and process changes.
- Responsible for enhancements of existing structured product platform-related issues.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or relevant disciplines. Candidates from STEM backgrounds, but with relevant work experience in related financial fields are also well received.
- CFA qualification or equivalent an added plus
- Candidate should possess minimum 10 - 12 years of relevant structured product and/or derivatives experience in sell-side or buy-side institution.
- An ideal candidate is someone with experience in structuring ideas and/or marketing of non-flow solutions in a Private Bank environment. Experience in a multi-asset class role an added plus.
- Candidate must demonstrate previous experience in managing active client engagement in an Equity Advisory role (not just Execution, which is more of a passive role).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required.