Business Development Intern
BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming to provide attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215 million poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Singapore as
Business Development Intern
As part of the business development team, you will work closely with the Head of Business Development APAC and Senior Sales Professionals to support BlueOrchard’s growth strategy.
- Managing pre- and after-sale information flows;
- Create, enhance, and maintain sales material;
- Support the team in the evaluation of new markets and investment solutions;
- Engage in client meetings together with the Head of Business Development APAC and senior team members;
- Provide input for product development and investment solutions;
- Plan and organize marketing events for APAC.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant experience in a client-facing role in the investment management industry preferred (exposure to impact investing appreciated);
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in business administration, economics or finance, CFA or CAIA is a plus;
- Event planning and organization experience, ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Superior communication and presentation skills in English, any other language would be considered a plus.
Your personal profile
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and positive energy;
- Proactive, results-driven, flexible with a “hands-on” approach;
- Entrepreneurial attitude;
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/