Portfolio Manager Analyst
Portfolio Management Analyst
Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management Ltd.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management (“CC&L”), an affiliate of the Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, is looking for a Portfolio Management Analyst to join our Portfolio Management team.
The Portfolio Management (PM) team resides within our Fundamental Equity team and is responsible for strategy, execution and monitoring of all Fundamental Equity portfolios. In working closely with the Portfolio Managers, you will play an important role in ongoing portfolio management. You will also be responsible for managing the PM process and workflow. This includes identifying enhancements to the process and working collaboratively with all stakeholders to implement those enhancements.
What You Will Do
Ongoing Portfolio Management:
- Executing portfolio changes including rebalancing and cash flow management
- Monitoring portfolio risk and attribution
- Managing constraints and individual portfolio requirements
- The above requires collaborating with the portfolio managers, sector specialists and trading team
Manage and Improve Portfolio Management Processes:
- Develop a keen understanding of the investment, process and systems components required in managing portfolios
- Collaborate with the PM team, trading team, Investment Process Management (IPM) team and Investment Management Systems (IMS) team to identify challenges and opportunities to improve robustness, efficiency, and scalability within the portfolio management process
- Initiate and drive the implementation of enhancements to the portfolio management process and systems tools
- Effectively balance priorities, perspective on scope and cost-benefits of enhancements
- Industry Experience: Five to ten years of related work experience. Strong analytical skills and ability to think critically and creatively.
- Collaborative: Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to work in a team environment.
- Financial Knowledge: Keen understanding of financial theory and investment management.
- Process and Systems Knowledge: Keen understanding of process management and a desire to leverage technology to solve problems.
- Self-Starter: Motivated and willing to take personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects, daily responsibilities and understand the broader scope of priorities.
- Education: A degree in Finance or Computer Science and completion of CFA are all considered assets.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management
Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management is a global institutional asset management firm established in 1982 and based in Vancouver, Canada. Our strong, stable team of investment professionals manages a broad range of investment solutions that includes traditional mandates such as developed and emerging market equities and fixed income, as well as alternative strategies such as portable alpha, market neutral and absolute return. As of October 2021, we manage $50B in client assets.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CCLFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors. CCLFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $100 billion in assets and over 660 people today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF to: https://jobapply.page.link/nsZB
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted or interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.