Compliance & Risk Management
Duties & Responsibilities
- Compliance - Responsible for day-to-day management of compliance matters, which includes (but is not limited to the following): ensure compliance with relevant MAS regulations as well as internal policies, stay abreast of relevant regulations, update compliance manual, implement compliance monitoring plan, regulatory filings, liaise with external compliance consultant, act as main point of contact with regulators, provide training to staff, advise management and business on compliance matters, provide interpretation of regulations, support onboarding of new relationships, conduct KYC/AML/CTF and sanctions assessment, internal and external audits.
- Risk management - Candidate will be responsible for firm-level and portfolio-level risk management. Scope of work includes (but not limited to the following): develop risk management framework, evaluate/manage risks in the business (eg. new business line, products, counter-parties), advise management on key risks, develop and implement BCP, compliance with investment mandates, implement and monitor portfolio risk limits, stress test/sensitivity analysis, implement portfolio risk systems (if required).
- Others - Liaise with regional colleagues, liaise with external lawyers, adhoc projects, backup for operations head (if required).
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree holder.
- At least 5-8 years of regulatory compliance, AML/CTF, risk experience, preferably with reputable consulting firms or financial institution. We are open to candidates who may not have full suite of required experience but are willing to learn and take on responsibility.
- Good project management and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiar with MAS regulatory regime and good level of understanding of Compliance, risk and control matters.
- Team player with excellent written and good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, responsible, dependable and pragmatic.
- Able to multi-task in lean and fast paced environment.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Professional qualification (e.g. CFA, FRM) desirable but not a requirement.