Client facing individual contributor responsible for extending existing and developing new business relationships within the Nordic region and one additional region to work autonomously with moderate supervision by the Head of Relationship Management for the Nordics.
- Proactively manage a portfolio between 120-150 existing accounts for the Nordics and one other smaller sub-region. Actual portfolio size will be dependent on needs for territory / segment and can vary across regions.
- Will be responsible for deepening existing relationships, capture price and grow the share of wallet by delivering a tailored value proposition to existing issuers.
- Exceed allocated business targets: e.g. market coverage, cross- and upsell, average price increases.
- Collect market intelligence to share with broader RM team.
- Ensure we have an opportunity to bid for close to 100% of all x-border transactions, and where relevant domestic ones, which are not covered by umbrella contracts.
- Responsible for putting together a structured outreach plan (prioritizing, define outreach objectives) for a smaller sub-region(s) and/or line of business. Aim is to contact every account by phone or by way of in person meetings.
- AM will be expected to spend minimum of 20% of their time on the road meeting customers.
- Minimum of 4-8 days of investor meetings per year
- Contribute to the Nordic Regional Plans by assessing the vulnerability of relationships and by identifying new business opportunities for the supported market.
- Guide Associate staff in an efficient way.
- Can provide AM support to other sub-regions.
- Effectively prepare and conduct several digital or telephone conversations or in-person meetings with issuers at all levels independently and minimal oversight
- Very good communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable draft tender documents
- In-depth understanding of main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in their market segment / territory
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Excellent understanding of Moody’s service suite, contracts and general conduct of business
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Solid years of experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing is desired
- Ability to hold business conversations in one Nordic language (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or Finnish) plus excellent communication skills in English.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Account Manager role
- Work experience from DCM, Leveraged Finance and Credit Rating Agency is an advantage.
- Proactive, service-minded individual who enjoys the role of servicing customers, adding value and increasing the share of wallet.
- Team-player with high integrity, dedication and drive.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.