International Equity Research Analyst
Vaughan Nelson is currently seeking an Equity Research Analyst to support the International Equity team located in our Chicago, IL office. Analysts work closely with Portfolio Managers and other team members (including risk management specialists and other research professionals) to generate, research, and implement investment ideas, as well as monitor current portfolio holdings. Strategies overseen by the team include International Small Cap, Emerging Markets Opportunities, and Global SMID Cap. A successful analyst is curious with a passion for fundamental analysis and investing in public markets, and offers a global perspective. China A shares, ADRs with Buy Side Experience and fluency in Mandarin is mandatory.
This position will report primarily to International Equity Team Senior Portfolio Manager(s) as well as to the CIO/CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform fundamental research on the international investment team’s current holdings and communicate findings to investment team, including Portfolio Managers.
- Utilize financial market databases, software, and other resources to source, organize, and analyze company, industry and/or market data.
- Attend public company presentations, conference calls and on-site meetings.
- Research, gather and exchange information regarding business trends, company developments and industry trends as it relates to the current portfolio and sectors.
- Update industry specific quantitative & qualitative financial models for portfolio companies.
- Review and summarize company financial documents and third-party reports for use by the Portfolio Managers in marketing efforts.
- Complete additional, special research projects at the request of Portfolio Managers on the investment team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting required.
- Progress towards an MBA is required.
- 3-5 years of investment or closely related industry experience required.
- Mandarin speaking language skills required.
- Excellent analytical, modelling, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work at times independently, and at other times within a collaborative environment.
- Highly organized with excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and professional demeanor.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg, and FactSet.
Benefits: Eligible. Medical, vision, Dental, Life insurance, Disability, other as available.
Language: English, Mandarin
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Foreign Currency Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors