Community Investment VP with Global Investment Firm
- 9 to 13 years of relevant strategy development or portfolio management with good investment, finance, legal and structuring experience.
- Relevant experience can be gained with Big 4 transaction advisory/ M&A teams, consulting firms, or MNCs
- Has strong stakeholder management skills with excellent communication skills (both writing and presenting). Also possess strong influencing skills.
Our client is a renowned and established investment firm. For this role, you will work on the investment and portfolio management of the firm's philanthropic investments.
The role reports to the Director and the ideal candidate for this role has strong analytical and critical thinking skills, experience in strategy development, and leverages a heavy data-driven approach. He/she is someone who can identify global and local trends and build analytics capabilities to generate meaningful insights for internal and external engagements.
He/she should possess excellent time-management and organisational habits, experience navigating and influencing a cross-functional, matrixed organisation, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to senior stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Driving Value Creation
-Demonstrate project leadership that shapes optimal level of capital allocation across the firm's Non-Profit Entities (TNEs) and therefore driving efficiency and excellence across the portfolio
-Lead deep dives that identifies value-creation for the TNEs, drive necessary engagement to obtain buy-ins from senior management, and follow-through to ensure proper execution
- Managing and Developing Portfolio of TNEs
-Lead the execution of development matters within the TNE portfolio, including development/ optimization of governance and engagement frameworks that align interest across stakeholders
-Lead all aspects of engagement between the firm and respective TNEs, including supporting and enabling senior management to drive necessary outcome
-Lead the continuous analysis of the development of TNEs that could be affected by internal/ external elements as well as financial and non-financial matters
- Managing Funds for Donations
-Support the execution of the firm's donation strategies, including donations to TNEs and other not-for-profit parties, and lead refresh efforts where necessary
-Lead collaboration with international offices in the development of international donation plan that is aligned to overall donation strategies
-Build and execute a strong pipeline of direct donation in Singapore that aims to:
- uplift the charity landscape in Singapore
- pilot new models of philanthropy that are scalable, and stretches the impact of donations
- drives sustainable collaboration between the private, public and people sector
-Coach and mentor junior staff, assisting in their development
-Supporting Managing Director and Director of Community Stewardship in other tasks assigned
-Contribute to overall team and firm development
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor degree. MBA will be a plus but not necessary
- Minimum 9 to 13 years of experience in management consulting, finance, legal and structuring
- Cands from Big 4 transaction advisory/ M&A teams, or management consultants from consulting firms are welcome. Or you have in house strategy and portfolio experience gained in a strategy role with MNCs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to frame problems quickly and generate insights/solutions through information
- Collaborator who works well across diverse teams and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and presenting
- Have a passion for social causes
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pl also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R1105649)
Date ad is posted - 27 April 2022