Sales Surveillance Analyst
- Administer the quarterly Retail Bank Mystery shopping exercise, liaise with the bank appointed vendor on bank requirements for the mystery shopping visits to test the investment and insurance sales advisory process carried out by the bank's relationship managers with potential customers. The objective of the exercise is for quality assurance on the sales advisory process and identification of improvement areas to upkeep the standards.
- Review the recorded sessions of sales meetings for the mystery shops to identify if there are any infractions against the bank's established sales process and product and risk disclosures.
- Obtain statements from sales advisors on their explanation for the infractions and assess suitability of recommendation against client profile.
- Present mystery shopping findings to bank's review committee and minute the decisions on Balanced Scorecard Framework measurements on categorization of infractions, BSC representative grading and any further referrals on disciplinary actions for the sales advisor.
- Administer the corresponding BSC grading and percentage of variable income deduction as well as assessment on Sales Quality, Control and Compliance findings under the Bank's sales staff performance scorecard for the sales advisors.
- Provide training and guidance to sales advisors and their supervisor on review objectives, sales quality assessments, and infraction identification.
- Administer the monthly client survey program through electronic surveys, paper or phone surveys to clients where the sales transactions were sampled under the Balanced Scorecard Framework.
- Identify potential weakness in the quality of the sales process from the response received from clients and investigate on any potential sales infractions for escalation to the bank's review committee.
- Continuously seek and evaluate process improvements to enhance the efficiency of the bank's mystery shopping and client survey program.
- Conduct adhoc case investigations and other special projects from time to time.
- A tertiary degree in Business Administration or related majors with at least 2 years of working experience, preferably in the retail bank financial advisory area.
- Familiar with investment and insurance product sales and Balanced Scorecard Framework will be an added advantage
- An inquisitive and analytical individual with a meticulous work discipline.
- Able to work Independently and as a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting