Sales Manager (Non-financial Segment) - Director
- Responsible for sales and relationship management in Southeast Asia, focusing on our non-financial client segments (corporates, professional services and government).
- Responsible for advising the sales of Moody's Analytics solutions (data, insights and decisioning tools) into this territory (non-financial client segment in Southeast Asia).
- Develop and lead a team of sales professionals (relationship managers, business development reps and customer success managers).
- Periodically review territory design, sales deployment model, existing accounts and whitespace coverage.
- Set the direction for account plans and sales activities, and implement these plans.
- In partnership with other senior sales staff, identify business opportunities for new product development through market and client exposure.
- Work with marketing and product strategy teams to drive sales initiatives and lead generation.
- Assist sales leadership in sales forecasting and understanding the drivers behind sales performance.
- Drive continuous client-centricity and service improvement, with ultimate goal of sustaining high retention rates and new sales production.
- Bachelors' degree in finance, economics or related area required; graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's/MBA) degree preferred.
- 10+ years of sales experience, with at least 3-5 of which in hands-on sales management roles, preferably within B2B data sales organizations with a successful track record in sales growth.
- Previous experience in selling solutions into non-financial client segments across Southeast Asia is highly advantageous.
- Significant experience in managing multiple sales professionals.
- Understanding of multifaceted risk management within the context of a corporate is highly preferred.
- Ability to sell on needs/solutions approach.
- Ability to influence key decision makers.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients' growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today's business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.