Execution Trader [Based in HK or Sydney]
In this role, you will -
What we're looking for -
- Learn about decision science, game theory, and capital markets. Poker and other strategy games will be used to further develop your decision-making skills.
- Identify and drive operational and technical improvements along the whole trade-flow lifecycle that directly impact the teams' regional strategy.
- Communicate with capital market counterparties, analyze opportunities, verbally communicate indications, evaluate fills, communicate feedback, handle settlement procedures, including rectifying potential trade failures and other deal trade flow inefficiencies - with the goal of maximizing mutual value derived from all parties and improving Heights' profile in the marketplace.
- Identify prospects and cultivate new counterparties in Asia Pacific to whom we believe Heights can provide valuable financing solutions.
- Understand and monitor core, long-term investment strategies, valuation models, and greeks.
- Communicate decisions and elections to senior officers of investment portfolio companies throughout the investment lifecycle, professionally and with self-awareness.
- Spot and act on short-term tactical trading opportunities, and work with investment managers on a wide range of quantitative research projects.
- Prepare, review for accuracy, and transmit daily strategy order flow to the street, and book fills.
- Automate daily morning checks, continuously monitor production systems, including
- intraday P&L, reconcile differences, prepare end-of-day reports. Ensure timely settlement and filings of new large direct investments by coordinating with numerous third parties.
- Optimize margin treatment and financing of positions with prime brokers and ISDA counterparties.
What we're looking for -
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on computational problem-solving experience across a wide variety of areas, including trading, programming, and basic operations. Exposure to quantitative trading, financial derivatives pricing, and market structure would be a plus.
- Ability to rapidly develop tactical scripts, reports, and prototypes in a production, front-office environment. Fluency in C#, VB/A, SQL, Access, and Excel is expected. Comfort with R/Python, Bloomberg API, and MONIS would be beneficial.
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, hyper-attentive to detail. Academic background in computer science, or a related quantitative subject.
- Exceptional communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood. Experience reading company filings and transactional legal documents in both English and either Mandarin Chinese or Japanese would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated interest in strategic/competitive games, capital markets, and continually improving your decision-making skills.
- Residing in or willing to relocate to Hong Kong or Sydney.
- Ability to work long hours 50+/week.