Senior Software Engineer
The position entails designing and driving the implementation of development best practices, while playing a crucial role in spearheading technical analysis, design, development, and system testing around the bank's specific technology streams and its sub-system.
- Act as the SME, responsible for the architecture design, roadmap, and implementation of all change initiatives on the platform.
- Ensure timely delivery, perform inspections to ensure quality of the relevant documentation, artifact and work packages in accordance to the Bank's SDLC and Agile processes.
- Work with the solution architects / solution managers / project managers to provide consultancy advice, inputs, and effort estimates to projects/CRs.
- Technical document preparation, technical feasibility assessment and coordination with internal team member to accomplish the task.
- Collaborate with the Run-the-Bank organization to provide 3rd level support, engaging them to gather input on operational, non-functional requirements to ensure resilience, scalability, and high performance.
- Utilize programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance software application modules.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Financial technology background experience (Wealth Management, Investment Management, Asset Management, Investment Banking preferred) with strong development experience including past software development role as well as previous experience in the FinIQ solutions.
- At least 8-10 years of development experience with strong understanding of technical aspects of systems and platforms.
- Hands-on experience in .Net, C#, IIS, SSL, SSIS
- Experienced with OOP, WinForms, UI design understanding and experience
- Good hands-on Experience on relational database such as Oracle and MS-SQL
- Maven or Ant build tools.
- Should be familiar with XML & JSON message formats, HTTP/HTTPS setup, File handling
- Good understanding of Solace and MQ
- Good understanding of design principles and best practices in terms of development and app integration perspectives.
- Experience in Agile and DevOps suite of products (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git, Sonar) tools and processes.
- Having the following experience will be of added advantage:
- Experience in Trading or Order management system
- Experience in Fix connectivity and Fix Protocol