Capital Markets Trader [Hong Kong]
In this role, you will:
What we're looking for:
- Learn about decision science, game theory, and capital markets. Poker and other strategy games will be used to further develop your decision-making skills.
- Identify and drive operational and technical improvements along the whole trade-flow lifecycle that directly impact the teams' regional strategy.
- Communicate with capital market counterparties, analyze opportunities, verbally communicate indications, evaluate fills, communicate feedback, handle settlement procedures, including rectifying potential trade failures and other deal trade flow inefficiencies - with the goal of maximizing mutual value derived from all parties and improving Heights' profile in the marketplace.
- Identify prospects and cultivate new counterparties in Asia Pacific to whom we believe Heights can provide valuable financing solutions.
- Understand and monitor core, long-term investment strategies, valuation models, and greeks.
- Communicate decisions and elections to senior officers of investment portfolio companies throughout the investment lifecycle, professionally and with self-awareness.
- Spot and act on short-term tactical trading opportunities, and work with investment managers on a wide range of quantitative research projects.
- Prepare, review for accuracy, and transmit daily strategy order flow to the street, and book fills.
- Automate daily morning checks, continuously monitor production systems, including Intraday P&L, reconcile differences, prepare end-of-day reports.
- Ensure timely settlement and filings of new large direct investments by coordinating with numerous third parties.
- Optimize margin treatment and financing of positions with prime brokers and ISDA counterparties.
What we're looking for:
- Residing in or willing to relocate to Hong Kong or Sydney.
- Academic background in Computer Science, or a related quantitative subject.
- Hands-on computational problem-solving experience across a wide variety of areas, including trading, programming, and basic operations. Exposure to quantitative trading, financial derivatives pricing, and market structure would be a plus.
- Ability to rapidly develop tactical scripts, reports, and prototypes in a production, front-office environment. Fluency in C#, VB/A, SQL, Access, and Excel is expected. Comfort with R/Python, Bloomberg API, and MONIS would be beneficial.
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, hyper-attentive to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood.
- Experience reading company filings and transactional legal documents in both English and either Mandarin Chinese or Japanese would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated interest in strategic/competitive games, capital markets, and continually improving your decision-making skills.
- Ability to work long hours 50+/week.
- Free lunch is provided every day for all employees, choose from your favourite local dishes every day!
- Dress code is casual; jeans and runners every day, and shorts in the summer.
- We love to hold company events celebrating major holidays and team dinners and of course we play poker with colleagues as often as we can.