Business analyst (trade finance)
Role and responsibilities
- To ensure the business/operational objectives of the new business requirements are well defined:
- By performing systematic business analysis,
- By validating / writing business requirements to align with business/operations needs as well as IT architecture and security standards.
- By designing functional solutions & user workflows and documenting Functional Specifications.
- By conducting walkthrough sessions on requirement and proposed solutions to all stakeholders and get it reviewed and signoff.
- Writing and run test scenarios/cases.
- To assist users in planning/executing UAT, analyzing defects, and defining defects priority for fix delivery by development team.
- Documenting/reviewing user manuals and release notes as required
- Assist in providing tactical/strategic solutions for new business requirements
- Assist in the conversion/migration exercise where necessary
- For production defects, perform functional analysis and propose solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Corporate Banking environment Trade Finance / Cash
- Strong functional & business analysis skills with ability to communicate and bridge between business/operations & IT technical team
- Strong Testing / QA knowledge standalone application and interface testing from upstream and downstream applications
- Good functional experience in Trade Financing applications especially workflow applications, as well as operational processing (back Office) applications.
- Experience working in onshore/offshore model
- Technical decision-making ability aligning with the best practices in the industry required.
- Ability to motivate and guide offshore team for timely quality deliveries
- Good team player with great commitment and attitude.
- Good communication and coordination skill among multiple teams that are cross-cultural and cross-country.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team to resolve issues and/or identify solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.