Underwriting Manager (ID: 560291)
- Support the Profit Centres & Underwriter with the following:
- Delegating instructions from Regional A&H Underwriting
- Lead the product development process with Direct Marketing, Worksite, Personal Lines/SME teams
- Liaising with Regional Underwriters on new product submissions as and where necessary
- Facilitate portfolio management of various product lines
- Monthly review of product lines portfolios: A&H, Personal Lines & SME to ensure profitability and viability of products
- Detailed reviews are done via products, stat lines, and sponsors
- Work closely with Claims Department to facilitate claims data and management; ensuring claim levels are at manageable levels
- Facilitate business cases as and where necessary
- Develop and ensure the following underwriting management programs are implemented:
- Loss Control (appropriate use of the available services)
- Quality Control
- Underwriting Plan/Monitoring Control
- Pricing Management (using the Burning Cost Model as appropriate)
- Service Management
- Catastrophe Management
- Portfolio Planning, including Account Management
- Portfolio Pricing
- Portfolio Monitoring and Control
- Manage, train, mentor and guide Underwriter to be technically proficient in underwriting and product development. Initiate and lead in reviewing underwriting proficiency and customer focus efficiency of Underwriter and Underwriting team.
- Liaise with other functional groups to ensure appropriate and timely flow of technical information into and out of the Underwriting Unit: e.g., Finance and Claims.
- Ensure all business is underwritten within established Internal Audit Guidelines
- Manage projects as and where assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-8 years working experience in the insurance industry as an underwriter or production underwriter, preferably in A&H, Personal Lines & SME. Professional qualification such as ACII is a plus.
- You must be a team player and an effective negotiator with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Is resourceful with strong problem solving and analytical skills, paying attention to details accuracy.
- Experience working within a profit centre environment with a mid-size to large multinational company.
- Able to team lead and provide excellent leadership to the department to deliver support and service to stakeholders.