Head, API Product Management
Role Purpose & Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Digital Platforms is a strategic global business in CCIB that creates differentiated connectivity solutions for clients to efficiently and securely the Bank's transactional services in over 50 markets. This includes internet and mobile banking for global business clients, direct integration options, as well as services through third parties.
- The role would be suited to a candidate experienced as head of a department responsible for innovative Client solutions based on APIs
- Proven track record in building and deploying financial services API's solutions in Transaction Banking and Financial markets thus creating significant value for customers and in additional revenue based on new business models
- Working with both a strategic and a tactical focus, the suitable candidate will be responsible for delivery of a significant investment in enhancing our clients' digital experience. The candidate shall determine priorities, manage deliveries, strategise business development, structure solutions, prioritise product developments base on client requirements and achieve agreed client outcomes.
- The role requires close partnership with Transaction Banking and Financial Markets businesses to deliver for clients. Other key stakeholders include global Sales and Implementation teams, Technology, and risk owners such as market risk, operation risk, credit risk, legal and compliance.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of a cross-border, FX and payments ecosystem to be able to proactively identify product and process improvement opportunities to bring value to clients.
- The role will leverage existing and explore innovation in foreign exchange, payments, collections and mobile technology to deliver cross border and domestic electronic solutions to corporate clients and their suppliers, buyers and consumers in the ecosystem.
- Have worked with leading companies in the API space (egg Alibaba, Amazon, Tencent, Ojek, Fintech start-ups, Digital banks)
- Track record in attracting and developing talent and managing large technically minded teams effectively
- Strong network in the Financial & Fintech space and experienced in building API bundled services that consist out of solutions from internal and external providers
- Engagement across the global organisation and with senior leaders will be a core part of the role to champion the API solutions, and to drive digital adoption and innovation through the bank.
- The role will leverage existing and explore innovation in payments, collections and mobile technology to deliver cross border and domestic electronic solutions to corporate clients and their suppliers, buyers and consumers in the ecosystem.
- This role reports to the MD & Global Head of APIs & Open Banking Ecosystem.
- Build an API roadmap for Transaction Banking and Financial Markets portfolio that will position Standard Chartered as leading in this field
- Manage API product roadmap and build client pipeline against it.
- Able to proactively identify and express client needs related to APIs or connectivity.
- Set priorities and communicate them effectively to stakeholders.
- Meet with internal and external clients regularly to understand their needs and assist sales with pitch preparation and presentations.
- Continuously evaluate the bank's digital capabilities to identify and prioritise opportunities to grow volumes and revenue.
- Responsible for marketing messaging, client solution use cases and testimonials.
- Organisational readiness for new service rollout including training, process guides and securing necessary stakeholder approvals.
- Launch key enhancements, including post implementation tracking of anticipated benefits.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis, management reporting.
- Contribute to industry forums representing the Bank professionally and effectively.
- Managing risks and regulatory issues associated with flows in digital platforms.
- Product capabilities information to be kept up-to-date and professionally documented for both internal and external audience, thus ensuring the available features and services are correctly commercialised.
- Engage, negotiate, onboard and integrate third party platforms.
- Contribute with expertise to various team and Bank change initiatives.
- Provide continuous feedback to business development teams of emerging trends in the market and client needs for product evolution
- Conduct regular business review meetings with business development team periodically to ensure on-going product satisfaction and usage, introduce new features, cross-sell capabilities, and build client loyalty
Our Ideal Candidate
- Master's degree or equivalent.
- Experience across FX, Payments, Trade Finance and API product management expertise
- Experience working on the edge of business & technology and creating leading edge products & solutions
- Deep understanding of Foreign Exchange, cross-border payments and channels and the evolving wholesale, institutional and retail eCommerce payments space
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills to actively engage with cross-cultural teams across the globe.
- Proven track record in building professional relationships across and outside a complex matrixed organisation.
- Understanding of digital channels, API solutions, mobile technology including the features / benefits of the products and services offered, and how those features benefit customer
- Prior experience and training in agile development methodology is essential.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity, managing through change and making decisions.
- Experienced in conceptualising and articulating sustainable and cost-efficient business solutions. Analytical, critical, and creative problem-solving skills with an in-depth understanding of utilizing digital solutions to meet business goals in better ways.
- Effective and persuasive communication with experience in presenting to clients, delivering training courses, co-creation sessions, and to senior stakeholders.
- Able to produce quality documentation which may include management reporting, client-facing materials and business requirements requiring attention to detail and ability to articulate without ambiguity.
- Open Banking
- Delivery Management
- Corporate Banking
- Payments Standards
- AGILE Product Management
- People leader