Inventory costing and management
- Supporting the IP BU Accountant in monthly closing reporting
- Forecast revenue license fees, ticketing and merchandising sales on a monthly and annual basis.
- Liaise with internal & external auditors
- Liaise with 3rd party service providers and consultants, ensuring compliance.
- Manage monthly, annual reporting and budgeting process.
- To reconcile accounts with the general ledger. To ensure all entries are accurate and transactions are reported in accordance with accounting standards and government regulations.
- Prepare management reporting
- Budget Tracking and monitoring of CAPEX spend vs budgeted
Inventory costing and management
- Develop and maintain inventory costing and valuation in accounting system in accordance with IFRS Standards
- Provide timely and accurate inventory merchandise financial and movement information to merchandising team for informed decision making and evaluation
- Review Merchandising team budgets and evaluate the suppliers' pricing quotations
- Prepare regular merchandise profitability analysis and cashflow for both historical and forecast
- Prepare inventory aging report on a timely basis and discuss with merchandising and operations team for slow moving inventory
- Review and analyze slow moving inventory and provide recommendations and red flag
- Ensure sites' inventory reconciliation reports are submitted and reviewed regularly and ties to the systems
- Liaise with sites' business owners to ensure inventory is properly accounted for and tracked. Goods are properly key into the systems by SKU
- Identify potential challenges within each inventory location and ensure shipment and goods arrival are accounted for and tracked before payment is released.
- Review and keying of Merchandise AP suppliers' invoices
- Ensuring Merchandise budget per IP/location is raised on a timely basis and POs are created after Budget is approved.
- Tracking of committed cost vs Budgeted cost to ensure no cost overrun
- Experience with accounting systems i.e. Synergix; Retail Pro, Cognos
- Liaise with external consultants to maintain and fine tune functions and financial reports and future projects
- Accounting systems reporting
- Working with consultants to develop new reports and functions where required
- Assist in any ad-hoc reporting and projects assigned by Management.
- Strong in FRS and IFRS requirements. Knowledge in contract reading and revenue recognition is a plus
- At least 2-3 years of inventory costing and management experience with minimum 4-5 years of working experience in handling full set accounts of entities.
- Excellent team player, strong analytical and people management skills. Able to work under stress to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Excel financial modeling skills and strong understanding of database management to deal with large amount of information. (Excel & Access)
- Strong desire to make positive contribution to the Finance process and business operations.
- Building Partnership: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to work collaboratively with and influence others.
- Ability to be firm with cost control.
- Support Operational Decision: Ability to analyze & interpret financial information and identify the key business issues underlying the numbers.
- Adaptability: Exemplifies working style that can adapt to suit the situation, and inspire, influence and motivate others to perform.