Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Strategic Planning Group, Asia Growing Markets Department
- Enhance business performance of AGMD's controlling entities in Indonesia to improve and expand the overall business and each line of business.
- Monitor business performance in controlling entities through assessment of local management reports and reports related matters to respective departments in Head Office such as Planning Department Asia Pacific, Global Banking Unit, and product departments in Tokyo and Singapore in a timely manner in accordance to SMBC Head Office requirements.
- Handle and manage projects, conduct feasibility study and consult with relevant departments and Tokyo senior management to ensure projects are aligned to strategy/objective.
- Project management during post-merger integration (PMI) to ensure project milestones are aligned to SMBC's regional strategy and timeline (project management includes assessing timeliness, consulting key stakeholders as well as considering the risk management for successful implementation of projects.
- Bachelors' degree with min. 5 years of work experience in the banking industry.
- Experience in Asia growing markets such as Indonesia, Philippines, India and Vietnam is preferred
- Experience as part of a project team related to merger process/post-merger integration, and/or experience in the planning of retail banking business is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills.
- Possess quantitative analytical, project management and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Japanese is a plus as this role needs to communicate regularly with stakeholders in Head Office in Japan.
- A team player with ability to collaborate with colleagues and contribute ideas and support when needed.
- Possess knowledge and experience in Japanese banking regulations, risk management and financial analysis is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Provide guidance to junior team members.
- Able to multitask and adapt to changes on short notice.
- Hands-on experience in performance management, business administration, PMI, financial analysis and market research are added advantage.
- Experience in strategic planning across varied areas such as cross-functional projects.
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously an, keep project timelines and act proactively.