Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Sentry Insurance
- Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package, and company incentives.
- 08 Dec 2022
- 06 Feb 2023
- JR-131401 Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Job Function
- Credit Analysis
- Industry Sector
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Participates in the management of Sentry 's investment assets by following, analyzing, and trading for assigned securities, industries, asset class sectors Sentry Insurance has an opportunity for a successful strategic portfolio investment professional to manage and develop Sentry’s fixed income investments and ensure competitive investment returns. In this highly visible role, you will oversee fixed income portfolios and make real-time investment decisions that play a large part of the overall success of Sentry Insurance. This opportunity will be located at our Corporate Headquarters in Stevens Point, WI, which is consistently ranked as one of Relocate-America’s™ Top 100 Places to Live.
At Sentry, we truly are more than insurance—we come together to create a vibrant community through history, community, charity and development. You’ll find more than a job at Sentry. You’ll experience a rewarding career that expands well beyond a job title. Learn more about who we are and what we do.
What You’ll Do
As an Assistant Portfolio Manager, you will evaluate and recommend investment options and strategies for municipal bond securities in support of Sentry’s $14 billion in managed fixed income and $17 billion in overall invested assets. Additionally, you will:
- Invest cash flow in municipal bonds and assess relative value of municipal bonds versus, corporate bonds, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, United States and Canadian government bonds, and U.S. Federal Agency securities within the parameters of Sentry’s investment guidelines.
- Monitor municipal portfolio credit risk and exposure vs the municipal benchmark.
- Stay informed of the day-to-day economic outlook, political situation, and economic data, as well as investment market conditions and expectations. Integrate analysis into appropriate investment strategies and policies.
- Assist Fixed Income team with data gathering, analysis, and reporting, as well as portfolio analysis projects.
- Periodically report on portfolio performance and strategy to Sentry’s C-Suite Executives.
- Collaborate with the entire Sentry investment team including equity and alternative asset portfolio managers.
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience in investment management.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or progress toward, preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of fixed income and fixed income related markets.
- Background in macroeconomics, financial analysis, accounting, statistical analysis and portfolio management theory.
- Exceptional relationship development, communication, and presentation skills.
What You’ll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday.)
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
Why Sentry Insurance
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we are one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
You can own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online: https://jobs.sentry.com/SentryCareers.htm?jobid=119031