Regional Senior Tax Mgr/Director with a renowned MNC
- The Cap Consulting Group Pte Ltd, EA Licence No: 14C7175
- Singapore, Singapore
- Market Range
- 24 May 2023
- 31 May 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Min 12+ years gained in Big 4 firms and in-house regional tax roles, with min 3 years in tax leadership roles with strong tax planning gained in an APAC function.
- Lead a small team covering mainly tax advisory functions. TP exp is useful
- Open to cands at tax director levels now with Big 4 Audit firms.
Our client is a very renowned and established MNC who is also a market leader in its field. The co is stable and offers attractive perks and benefits. It is now looking to hire an experienced senior tax manager/director who will be responsible for leading the Asia Pacific Tax function including direct and indirect tax planning, tax advisory/structuring and tax compliance.
For this tax advisory role, you will manage a small team. You will report to the CFO and the global head of Corporate Tax.
- Driving the group's tax agenda in the region.
- Exploring and implementing opportunities for optimising the group's tax profile in the region, through tax planning and engagement with tax authorities.
- Managing the tax aspects of M&A projects in the region, including devising and implementing tax efficient acquisition/divestment structures.
- Navigating tax audits and managing tax disputes.
- Managing the group's relationship with tax authorities (eg IRAS) and other relevant government agencies in the region (eg ESG), external advisors and fellow peers in the industry.
- Monitoring tax developments in the region and identifying material risks/exposures to internal stakeholders.
- Preparing regular tax accruals and other tax-related internal financial reports.
- Ensuring timely compliance with the group's direct and indirect tax reporting obligations in the region.
- Driving digitalisation of the group's compliance tax obligations in Singapore and the wider region.
- At least 12+ years experience in Singapore and international tax. Open to strong tax cands at director level from Big 4 firms, or tax managers with tax advisory exp gained in the commercial sector.
- Strong on tax advisory functions. Transfer pricing exp will be useful.
- Experience of engagement with IRAS and other tax authorities.
- Experience in managing a small team of tax professionals is preferred (but not a must)
- Clear communicator (verbally and in writing, including in English). Knowledge of written and spoken Mandarin is preferred given the coverage of the China market but this is not essential.
- Confident and commercially-minded self-starter who is able to work collaboratively with local and international colleagues.
- Looks to take on additional responsibilities where possible.
- Ability to step up to a management role if the opportunity arises in the future.
- Detail-orientated and eager to get hands dirty.
- Prepared to work in an office-based culture.
- Open to some travelling. Able to travel internationally at short notice (though this is the exception rather than the norm).
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work independently; proactive towards problems solving
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc to email@example.com. Pl also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R1105649)
Date ad is posted - 23 May 2023